Ny post online dating Amsterdam cam free sex web
It was Carl Jacobsen who chose the name for the museum, with inspiration from Ludwig I's Glyptothek in Munich, as well as Wilhelm Dahlerup as the architect for the assignment.
The moat around the radan was filled and the new museum opened first on .
The Antique collection displays sculptures and other antiquities from the ancient cultures around the Mediterranean.
The extensive Greek, Roman and Etruscan Collection comprises marble statues, small terra cotta statues, reliefs, pottery and other artifacts.
Many of the objects in the collection were augmented when the Ny Carlsberg Foundation sponsored excavations in Egypt in the beginning of the 20th century led by the English Egyptologist W. The main focus of the French Collection is 19th-century French painting and sculpture.
The painting collection contains works by such painters as David and Manet, as well as a large collection of Impressionist painters such as Monet, Cézanne and Bonnard.
It was designed by Hack Kampmann while Dahlerup designed a winter garden which connected the new wing to the old building. In 1996 the museum was once again extended, this time with an infill constructed in one of its courtyards to the design of Henning Larsen.
The collection is built around the personal collection of Carl Jacobsen (1842–1914), the son of the founder of the Carlsberg Breweries.
In 1885 his 'house museum' had grown to a total of 19 galleries, the first 14 of which had been designed by Vilhelm Dahlerup while Hack Kampmann had built the last four as well as conducted a redesign of the winter garden.
In spite of the many extensions, it was finally clear the existing premises were inadequate and that a new building was needed.
On 8 March 1888 Carl Jacobsen donated his collection to the Danish State and the City of Copenhagen on condition that they provided a suitable building for its exhibition.
Copenhagen's old fortifications had recently been abandoned and a site was chosen on a ravelin outside Holcks Bastion in the city's Western Rampart, just south of the Tivoli Gardens which had been founded in 1843.Jacobsen was displeased with the location which he found to be too far from the city centre and he had also reservations about the proximity of Tivoli which he found common.